Toll-Free : 0800 600 934
Search and find accredited education and training providers as well as programmes of interest
Search and find BQA registered and accredited assessors and moderators
Search and find qualifications of interest and their unit standards
JOB VACANCY; MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) is a parastatal under the Ministry of Tertiary Education Research Science and Technology. It draws its mandate from the BQA Act No.24 of 2013. Its main objectives are to provide for and maintain a National Credit and Qualifications Framework (NCQF) and to coordinate the Education, Training and Skills Development Quality Assurance System.
BQA invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position:
To lead the implementation of the audit programme aimed at assessing operational efficiency, soundness of business practices, reliability of financial reporting and effectiveness of financial controls and procedures, and compliance with established procedures and applicable laws. The purpose is to assist management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities, and provide the Board and Audit Committee with an independent and objective assurance regarding good corporate governance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Development and compliance with established systems, rules and regulations, procedures, guidelines and instruments
- Completion of annual programme coverage compared to plan
- Enhanced efficiency as a result of implementation of internal audit recommendations
- Detection of frauds and irregularities
- Reduction in external audit queries
- Professional qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA, Masters in Finance etc.) from a recognised institution or any other equivalent qualification acceptable to BQA
- Membership of professional associations (e.g. Institute of Internal Auditors or Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants) is essential.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of audit experience post qualification with proven knowledge in the development of a strong control environment and/or risk assessment background. Including 4 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in conducting all types of audits (operational, financial and IT)
- Exposure to similar function in an Educational and Training and/or a related regulatory environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Education and Training sector (policy, strategy, legislation, regulations)
- Knowledge of private and public sector accounting, and financial management systems and conventions
- Knowledge of auditing principles, practices, methodologies as well as risk management and systems
- Knowledge of structures, internal controls and processes, information systems and ability to develop recommendations for improvements to these.
- Demonstrated compliance to the professional code of ethics and the standards for internal auditing
- Computer literate and experience with systems and applications in the specific work area.
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking
- Results oriented and performance driven
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
- Communication, influence, impact
- Service oriented and client focus
- Team building, leadership and motivation
- People management and interpersonal skills
- Planning, organizing, budgeting, resource management
The following information applies to all positions:
BQA offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities and challenges of the job.
Terms of employment
Fixed term contract of 1-5 years.
Applications with CVs, list of Referees and certified copies of certificates and Omang should be forwarded on or before Wednesday 16 May 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Qualifications Authority
Private Bag BO 340
Plot 66450, Block 7, Gaborone
Office No. S33 (2nd Floor)
Tel: 365 7200
N.B. Preference for interviews will be given to applicants who address the main duties/key performance indicators as part of their application. Applicants should specify what experiences have equipped them to effectively perform in the role. We regret that due to an anticipated overwhelming response, BQA shall only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates. BQA shall not return any applications and associated documentation submitted by applicants.